I believe my actual response was “holy @#%[email protected] I don’t believe it!”.
What am I refering to? Well the mount changes coming up in 3.2 for WotLK.
It seems to be all over the place now but I will link a few of the places I first saw it.
Quoted from the Forums.
In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.
- Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)
- 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 20
- Cost: 4 gold
- Mount cost: 1 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer
- Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)
- 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 40
- Cost: 50 gold
- Mount cost: 10 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer
- Expert Riding (Skill 225)
- 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 60
- Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
- Mount Cost: 50 gold
- Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)
- Artisan Riding (Skill 300)
- 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 70
- Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
- Mount Cost: 100 gold
All I can say is this.
Hell. It’s about time.
Travel time has become an increasing annoyance to me concerning MMOs.
Yes we appreciate the fact that hours and hours are spent making the world look good. However do not force your players to “enjoy” the sights if that is not what they are focued on. I was very happy when they lowered the 60% mount to level 30, origionally level 40. Now with it being level 20 I may just work on some of those Horde characters that have been sitting around doing nothing for a while. Also I may work on leveling the DKs I have through outlands with being able to get a flying mount with 150% speed in air at 60.